Code of ConductRespect, Civility and Responsible Citizenship.
All Members of RTC Will:
- Respect for one another: All members of the tennis club must respect eachother regardless of race, age, level of play, gender, religion or sexualorientation. Verbal or physical harassment will not be tolerated.
- Fair play: Tennis should be played fairly and competitively. Cheating, breaking rules, or unsportsmanlike conduct will not be allowed. All playersshould maintain the integrity of the sport of tennis as well as the integrity ofthe club. If a line call is too close to call, call it in favour of your opponent.
- Punctuality: Members must arrive at the tennis court on time ready to play. Late arrivals disrupt the flow of the game.
- Dress code: Members must adhere to the club’s dress code while playing tennis. Which includes shirts and non-marking soled tennis shoes required for all matches and tournaments.
- Use of equipment: Members should handle tennis equipment with care and return it to its proper place after use. All members will respect the club house and show proper care and regard for the township property and the property of others.
- Court etiquette: Members should practice good sportsmanship and be courteous to opponents during play. Refrain from shouting, throwing racquets or any disruptive behaviour. Players must take responsibility for their own behaviour and respect the right of their opponents to play without distraction or interference. Refrain from entering the court or crossing the back of a court while ball is inplay. Once play has fully stopped, enter down the centre of the court closest to the nets to get to your court.
- Cleanliness: Members are responsible for keeping the courts clean and freefrom litter. Food and drinks should not be consumed on the courts (other than water or sports drinks).
- Safety: Safety is paramount. Members should ensure that they do not endanger themselves or others during play. The use of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited during a match or tournament as well as on the premise. No smoking on the courts.
Members will not engage in bullying behaviours on or off the courts.
Any unsafe behaviour or practices should be reported immediately to the direction of the President/Club Executive Committee.
- Communication: Any issues, complaints or suggestions should be communicated in writing to the executive committee of the tennis club so that it can be addressed properly. (email@example.com)
- Compliance with rules: All members must comply with all rules and regulations set by the Rockwood tennis club. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action, including suspension or expulsion from the club.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Executive Committee: The committee will provide direction to their members. Establish a process that clearly communicates the code of conduct to all members. Review the code of conduct on an annual basis with those listed as executive committee directors and revise them as necessary.